Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy Groundhog Day!

I know Groundhog Day was yesterday, but better late than never, right? So they say Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and we'll have 6 more weeks of winter. But winter here in Provo hasn't been that bad so far -- it's early February and the ground is clear & dry! I definitely don't mind not trudging through snow to get to and from school, and I really, really don't mind the snow-free drive to work each day. I just hope we'll get enough "moisture" (as Utahns seem so fond of calling any wetness from the sky) so that we don't have a drought this summer.

Life is still pretty unexciting for us, overall. Darren's been feeling slightly better (hooray!) and I'm 1/4 of the way through my very last semester of school. It's hard to believe that on April 19, I will be officially done with school for pretty much forever. Crazy! We have a pretty fun summer ahead of us, with my graduation (and lots of family time with it), my little brother coming to stay with us for a while (mostly for EFY, but that's ok), and a trip with the Stolls to see some Church history sites and other places back East. I've never been further East than Indiana, so I'm pretty excited for the trip.

In other news, slightly related to this whole "turn the blog into a foodblog" thing: I've been asked to submit a query/proposal for a beginner's cookbook! Cedar Fort, who I work for, asked employees to submit book & product ideas, so I pitched this idea for a "cooking 101" kind of book, but said that I had no clue who should write it. They said I should, so... now I'm working on compiling recipes, tips, and how-to's. I've already sent in the query letter, so now it's just down to waiting to hear back from acquisitions. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment