Sunday, January 15, 2012

Easy-peasy Taco Soup

When I was a senior in high school, my Young Women's leader Shelley Brown gave all the girls that were heading off to college a bunch of her favorite recipes. This was one of them. I love this soup recipe -- it's easy, filling, delicious, and it makes a ton of soup! We made this a few days ago, and it's such a hearty wintertime meal.




Taco Soup

2 lbs hamburger, cooked

1T minced onion

1tsp minced garlic

1can corn, drained

1can chili

1can kidney beans, drained

2- 14oz cans stewed tomatoes

2- 8oz cans tomato sauce

1pkg taco seasoning


Add water to desired thickness. Heat through until warm.


That's all the directions the original recipe gave. So I took some liberties: I cooked the hamburger with the garlic, onion, and (about) half of the taco seasoning. Then I dumped all the canned goods in a stock pot and added the meat and the rest of the taco seasoning. Add water until it's as thick as you like (I added about 3 can fulls of the little tomato sauce can). Heat through until it's warm. Ladle into bowls, add shredded cheese, and serve with tortilla chips. Delicious!

How easy is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment