Wednesday, May 18, 2011

We're here!

After a wonderful wedding day in gorgeously sunny northern California--including perfect weather at the Oakland Temple and a beautiful reception that evening in Brentwood--and then a fun-filled honeymoon in even more gloriously sunny southern California (Disneyland!!!), Darren and I are back in cold, wet Utah. Okay, I admit--the weather hasn't been all terrible. We've had a few good warm days. But it's mostly cold and wet here.

Oh, and we had our second reception here in Utah. It was lovely! It was held at the Eldredge House in Bountiful. There were plenty of friend, family members, and, of course, crepes! It really was a nice evening. Much more laid-back than the day-of reception in California, I felt. Maybe it was because all we had to do was show up this time--no ceremony and pictures beforehand, no 6:00am hair/make-up appointment, no hotel to drive to afterwards. Just show up, mingle with friends and family, enjoy crepes, and call it a night. It was wonderful.

We've adjusted fairly well so far, and we're loving married life. We're in the process (the long, messy, box-filled process) of moving into our first apartment together. It's a really nice apartment, and when I remember I'll take some pictures to post. Thus far we've got the kitchen organized, curtains up in the bedroom and living room, and the TV, Wii (with Netflix), and DVD (borrowed) player set up. We are doing just fine in the "entertainment" department, as you can tell.

After such a fun-filled week in Disneyland, coming back to the hum-drum of normal life seemed so....well, boring, honestly. But it has been good. Darren's back to work full-time, I'm working at my part-time editing internship (and LOVING it, might I add), and we've both enjoyed our weekly date nights. Coming up with dinner each night has been a fun but challenging project, and so I've finally disciplined myself enough to make a dinner menu for a few weeks at a time. That seems to have helped, but we'll see how well that habit holds out. Next up is figuring out a chores schedule...and getting our dryer to not take 3 hours to dry a load of laundry. That would be nice...

Well, that's all for tonight. Darren and I will try to keep this at least somewhat updated, but if we don't--well, yell at us about it and we'll get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment