But then I thought about it, and we had, in fact, gotten everything done! By some miracle, all the planning is done, the checks are sent off, the bridal showers have both happened (though thank-you's have yet to be written and mailed...), and the contract for our new apartment is all signed and the deposit is paid. Darren picked up his new suit, my dress is all tailored to fit perfectly, and finals are even starting to wrap up for both of us -- even though it's not even officially finals week yet! Things really are coming together, somehow.
So now Darren and I both have the, er, luxury of just getting through finals week and packing for our trip. We're both so nervous and anxious and excited and happy! --Probably to the point of annoying anyone around us. (Sorry!...kinda...) Neither of us can believe that our wedding is actually next week; it seemed like it would never get here, and alluva sudden, here it is! How'd that happen?
Anyway, a few more people that I wanted to mention:
- Lady Danbury: She did the tailoring for my dress, and did a fantastic job. Quick turnaround and she's so incredibly nice; she was definitely a delight to work with. Check out her info here. Thanks to David & Jamie for the recommendation, btw.
- Mary's Delicacies: Maria Hernandez in Brentwood is so sweet--and so are her cakes! I'm so stoked for our wedding cake; it will look and taste fantastic! More info about her business here.
- Kathy Lynch: This lady is amazing! I've known her for years from church, and I'm lucky enough to have her doing my hair and makeup on my wedding day. You should definitely check out some of her work at her blog. She's also one of the nicest people I've worked with, in addition to being crazy talented.
- One more plug for our registries, since they've been fantastically helpful so far. You can find them online at BedBathAndBeyond.com and at Target.com (sorry about the goof-up on Target's registry; just look at the second one. The first one is all messed up, not to mention empty!)
Ok. That's it for now. Thanks to everyone who has helped, or has simply put up with me being a crazy bride-to-be! Haha. This has been such a great experience, honestly, but I'm glad I'll never have to go through it again. Now back to studying for finals!
Isn't Lady Danbury great? We got my suit for the wedding tailored there and she was fantastic. I was amazed that she did such a great job as fast as she did. Glad we could help!
ReplyDelete