It's been a while since we've posted anything here, so here's a general update. We've booked both - yes, both - reception sites: the LDS Chapel in Antioch/Brentwood and the Eldredge Manor in Centerville. Plans for food, decorations, photography, etc., are well underway, which is very exciting. Hotels and flights are booked and ready to go. We're at about 10 weeks out until the wedding now, so things are coming together.
Some name-dropping! Here we go:
Ethan, of eWatts Photography, will be doing our wedding photos, including the shots outside the temple and at both receptions. (He did our engagements, too.) He really does great work and is so easy-going and fun to work with. Here's a link to his site: http://ewattsphotography.com/
Susan Hill and Veda Phillips (Very Special Events) are doing the food and helping with some of the organizing/decorating for the Antioch reception. They are AMAZING, and are pretty much my life-savers with all of this out-of-state wedding planning. Susan and Veda are so wonderful to work with, and they're doing so much -- all for a very reasonable price, too! I'm SO excited to see how things turn out with working with them. The food and decor should be just awesome. If anyone in the area needs a wedding coordinator, go talk to Susan and Veda (you can ask me for contact info).
Eldredge Manor: This is where we'll be having our Centerville reception. I'm definitely excited about this place. It's a very elegant old building with a gorgeous garden area. Since we'll be into Spring by May 14th (the date of the Centerville reception), the flowers will be blooming and the weather should be gorgeous, so we're planning on having an outdoor evening reception. But even if the weather fails, the indoors is just as beautiful as the outdoors. You can check it out here: http://www.eldredgemanor.com/ Oh, and did I mention I'm definitely excited for the food there, too? It should be wonderful.
Our florist in Antioch is Diablo View Florist. I haven't worked with them much yet, but Carolyn there seems very friendly and helpful.
Just a quick plug for the two stores we've registered at: Bed Bath & Beyond and Target are great stores. Between the two of them, we were able to find (and easily register for) anything and everything we thought we'll need for our own home. If you're interested, you can check out both of our registries online. Just go to the store's website and search for one of our names.
Oh! And we have our honeymoon all planned and reserved! We're going to Disneyland!! It should be a blast! I think we're both quite excited for it. I don't think I need to explain how awesome Disney is, so just suffice it to say that it's Disney.
I think that's about all for now. As it gets closer, we'll try to post at least a few more fun tidbits.
No comments:
Post a Comment