Saturday, June 25, 2011

Two months already?!

Wow, it's hard to believe that Darren and I have been married for two whole months! As my father-in-law keeps telling us, now our "learner's permit" has expired and we're stuck with each other. Oh, darn...  ;)

Things are going really well for us here in Provo. Darren's still working, and I'm absolutely loving my internship with Cedar Fort (publishing company in Springville). It sounds like I might even have a job in line there once I graduate (if not sooner...!) The apartment is great, too. We've really settled in and we finally have all our furniture and such here with us and built and everything. Darren and I bought and put together a bookshelf, computer desk, 2 nightstands, living room lamp, 2 bedside lamps, and a coffee table (actually, that one was a gift. But we still built it.) We also bought a dresser, which we just had delivered. Trying to buy furniture when you have a little bitty Toyota is a bit difficult sometimes, we found out. Yay for delivery services. We've also hung up some curtains, which really helped make the place feel like home. (Thanks to my dad for helping Darren with the living room curtains--they look great!)

You'd think that after months of hardly posting anything, I'd have something more interesting to say than work and furniture. Hmm. Well, it has been suggested to me that I start a food blog, since I'm "always posting (on Facebook) about the yummy things I make." That probably won't happen, but I might post some of it on here. Like the chicken pot pies that we made last week! Or the chicken noodle soup we had yesterday--all from scratch and all with stuff we had on-hand! Frozen chicken  breasts, a handful of carrots, some chicken-flavored buillion cubes, onion, garlic, egg noodles (too many! but that's ok), and a few red potatoes. Yum! The only "bad" part is that I made a few quarts of soup. And there are only two of us here! Ah well, to the freezer the leftovers go.
Then there's also the failures...like the apple pie we tried to make tonight. The pie dough just would *not* cooperate with me. It kept falling apart and cracking and just making a big huge mess. After 3 hours (off and on) of dealing with pie dough--and more than a few choice, angry words aimed at said dough--I gave up on making pie. In fact, I renounced pie-making forever. But we'll see how long that lasts.
The pie wasn't a complete bust, though! We turned the filling into what should be a very yummy apple crisp.... Which is why I'm still awake at this hour, waiting for the top to crisp up instead of just be warm. Well, it sure smells wonderful.

I think that's about enough rambling. On to some pictures! First a tour of our apartment (kinda).


Darren building the coffee table. 
He's thrilled, can't you tell?

Our computer desk.

Bookshelf that was SO frustrating to build, 
but so nice to finally have up!

Our living room. Ta-da!

That's our couch. And Darren hiding.
And our curtains in the background!
Yay for dads with drills and the know-how
to use them to hang curtain rods.

The shelf above our couch shows off some of our 
memories together, including Disneyland.
And Snowflake, the build-a-bear Darren
made for me when we were dating a whole month. 
I love that boy.  ♥


The leftover flowers from our 2nd reception, arranged in a 
vase from April's reception.
Also, our cake topper statue.

The kitchen! Don't you love our storage 'system'?


Reese's Cake! Peanut butter cake with chocolate-pb frosting
and topped with chopped up mini Reese's.
It was AMAZING!
And I will be making it again for Darren's b-day soon. :)


CUPCAKES!!
(I kind of might have gone on a bit of a cake/cupcake spree...)

Homemade rolls, thanks to our handy dandy new breadmaker.

They were kinda sticky....

And on to more recent things, ie: the chicken soup and apple crisp I mentioned earlier.




Yum! Ok. Apple crisp is (obviously) done, so it is bedtime for me! We'll try to post some more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment