Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Taming the Clutter - Day 2

Day 1 of my "Taming the Clutter" project was a success! The dishes got done, I have shiny counters and floors, and the microwave looks amazing! (I don't even want to think about how long that poor thing has gone uncleaned - yuck!) I also started back into doing my favorite workout videos (from the gals at Tone It Up, if you were curious) and continuing my at-home yoga practice. Now to keep that momentum moving me forward!

Yesterday I tackled the kitchen. Today, I'll tackle the other "public" space in our apartment: the living room. I originally planned to work in the bathroom today, but I have four Stampin Up classes planned this weekend and I really want the front of the house to be in better shape! So, on to the living room it is. It's a bit of a doozy, especially since we have a ward Christmas party to go to tonight, but I think with a little bit of determination and a lot of up-beat music, I can get it done.

Today's Goal (Tuesday, December 10)

Today's goal is to tackle the living room:
  • put away stamp stuff, organize
  • store frames, banners, class supplies
  • declutter large bookshelf
  • declutter under window
  • use or put away ornaments in tubes (bonus! Got this done yesterday!)
  • stash printer
  • evaluate old printer - toss?
  • declutter small bookshelf
  • clear & clean desk 
  • dust & pledge all furniture
  • vacuum
  • declutter bulletin board
  • empty trash
  • clear out boxes
  • change AC filter

And as a reminder, here's my overall list. I've crossed things off that I've already done, because that makes me happy.

COMPLETE TO-DO LIST TO RECLAIM MY APARTMENT FROM THE MESS

Bathroom
  • Clear counter
  • organize shelf
  • clean mirror, sink, counter
  • clean toilet
  • sweep
  • mop
  • wash bath mat & towels
  • empty garbage
  • clean shower fixtures
  • Drain-O the tub drain
Bedroom
  • Clear off dresser
  • dust & Pledge
  • declutter bookshelf
  • donate Ensigns (anyone want almost a full year of Ensign magazines?)
  • evaluate DI pile - act as necessary
  • find home or system for perler "stuff"
  • Darren: declutter stuff on your side of bed
  • tackle: box of stuff & mystery pile
  • evaluate & organize craft box
  • decide what to do with rolling backpacks
  • vacuum curtains (when was the last time this happened?!)
  • clean & pledge nightstands
  • strip sheets - laundry
  • vacuum
  • sort through filing cabinet mess
  • clean under my side of bed (socks, shoes, etc)
Living Room
  • put away stamp stuff, organize
  • store frames, banners, class supplies
  • declutter large bookshelf
  • declutter under window
  • use or put away ornaments in tubes
  • stash printer
  • evaluate old printer - toss?
  • declutter small bookshelf
  • clear & clean desk 
  • dust & pledge all furniture
  • vacuum
  • declutter bulletin board
  • empty trash
  • clear out boxes
  • change AC filter
Kitchen
  • dishes
  • clean counters
  • clean oven
  • clean stove, microwave
  • wipe out / empty fridge of gunk
  • declutter cabinets and tops of cabinets
  • organize top of fridge
  • clear entryway
  • evaluate mail bucket
  • sweep
  • mop
  • clear off front of fridge, as necessary

No comments:

Post a Comment