I cannot believe it's September already! But Darren's back in school and the singles in our complex are having pool parties non-stop again, so it MUST be September, whether I was ready for it or not. Summer's almost gone, and we haven't really updated our blog at all -- oops. Sorry about that. It's probably because we spent most of our time doing rather hum-drum typical day-to-day things, like going to work and playing video games and working around the house (and by house I mean apartment). But we've also gotten to do some really fun things, like take a trip to California and Seattle! That was great. We got to spend a ton of time with family and friends in California, then we went up to Seattle to rest and relax for a few days. We also got to spend time with Darren's brother David while we were in Seattle, and we did some sight-seeing too. There are pictures somewhere on my camera, and we'll upload those soon. (This trip was in July, so you can see how "on top of things" we are around here lately...)
I spent my time working (as an editor), working (as a babysitter/nanny of sorts for my cousin Tara), working/playing (as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator), and doing all sorts of fun things in the kitchen. Darren spent his summer working (on feeling better), prepping for school, and enjoying his rather vast video game collection. Oh, and we also had my little brother, Michael, come and stay with us for a week after he went to EFY here in Provo. That was fun! Well, for us anyway; Michael may or may not have been bored out of his mind.... :)
It's weird having Darren back in school when I'm not going back. This is the first September in my life (since I was 4, anyway) that I haven't been in school, so it's a bizarre feeling! But I'm really glad that Darren is feeling better and is able to be in classes full-time again. He switched his major from Information Systems (a more business-oriented route) to Information Technology (the more technical, geeky side); don't worry if that sounds confusing -- I'm still trying to get it all straight! This seems to be a really good move for him, since he's always been interested in how things work and how to fix them and such, and not so much into being a businessman.
So Happy September! And Happy Labor Day! Enjoy the last bits of summer while you can, because it will be gone all too soon. But then we get to move on to Fall, which is probably my favorite season. Except that it's MUCH too short here in Provo. We get a couple days to a week or so of the leaves changing color and cool weather and all that, and then it starts to snow (which is NOT my favorite season).
No comments:
Post a Comment