Sunday, May 20, 2012

Darren is actually writing a post!

I thought I would put in a post, since I normally neglect to do so and leave it up to Michelle to write everything (she's a much better writer than I am).

It's halfway through the month of May, and it's hard to believe that almost a month ago, Michelle graduated from BYU with a degree in English Language (minoring in Editing)! It was great to have her family as well as mine in town for that, and we're all proud of Michelle for her latest accomplishment. She's enjoying life now, continuing in her job as an editor and having more time to dedicate with new projects that's she been wanting to engage herself in for quite some time.

After her graduation, and for our anniversary, we took a weekend trip up to Bear Lake and spent a couple of days there. Since neither of us are super sportsy people, we did what we could and enjoyed driving around the lake, seeing different sights and experimenting with their famous raspberry shakes (oh yeah...they're really good). We also took the opportunity to drive by both the Logan and Brigham City temples and take pictures there. It's one of my goals in life to as many temples as I can in my lifetime, so this was really neat for me, and I know that Michelle enjoyed taking the pictures too.

As for me, I still have at least a couple of years left before I graduate at BYU in Information Systems. I'm currently halfway through the Spring term, taking a course in Accounting. This is more or less a trial run through a school term to see if I'm ready physically to go back to school. I don't recall if it was mentioned already or not, but I dropped out of school last November due to debilitating health issues that prevented me from performing well at school and getting all my homework caught up. Between then and now, I've been visiting doctors trying to figure out what on earth is wrong (the only general consensus that could describe it is migraines, although it appears to be more deep and severe than just that). I've also been teaching myself some more programming, playing videos games and contributing to where I can around taking care of the house. I even learned how to cook here and there.

We are both doing very well. I apologize if you got the notice for a new blog post and were expecting an amazing new recipe that my wife usually posts. The only recommendation I have as far as food goes is this: if you ever go up to Bear Lake and go to a restaurant called Café Sabor, DEFINITELY get their Spinach Artichoke Dip. I missed it very much after we left the restaurant, but it is amazing.

Anyway.........bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment